Mooresville's annual holiday event, the Victorian Christmas Celebration is coming up on Saturday, December 3rd. The event runs from 10 am to 4 pm with various events and activities throughout the community. It's a ton of fun for kids of all ages with various exhibits, vendors, performances and more. Here are a few of our favorite things to experience at this annual holiday celebration:
- Admission is free. Yep, totally free.
- There's free transportation to get you to all the various stops throughout town, so you only need to park once.
- You can meet Father Christmas... and Ebeneezer Scrooge... and Santa!
- Enjoy a free carriage ride, and don't forget to stop at the petting zoo.
- Browse through entries in the gingerbread house and cookie decorating contests .
- Get some holiday shopping done at the Victorian Artisan & Vendor Market at Mooresville Arts Partnership.
- Enjoy live music from Highland Reign, the Dulcimer Society, and more at various sites.
- Catch performances from magician Professor Cecil Rodney and the Punch and Judy Puppet Show, too!
- Experience the Wild West Show (new this year!) on Main Street.
- Meet a real live reindeer! (Santa's got to leave him somewhere while he's in town...)
- Stop by Color Works Art Gallery and visit with the owners of Willowfield Lavender Farm.
- Visit Monrovia Mudworks and paint your very own holiday ornament (while supplies last).
If you've never been to this Mooresville tradition, this is the year to make it YOUR family's new tradition. Always held on the first Saturday of December, it's the perfect way to kickoff the month of December and get into the holiday spirit. Be sure to stop in to visit the downtown shops as well - you'll find antiques, gift items and more! Ralph & Ava's Cafe provides a wonderful lunch stop, or hang around for dinner at Zydeco's Cajun later in the evening.